Wednesday 5 March 2008

Inside Campeche

Oh hi! While Wij was resting his peg, I wandered around Campeche in the sea-salty heat. I noticed many of the large windows had their shutters open and I was able to peer through the wrought iron bars and get a glimpse of some amazing interiors. Quite a few buildings were derelict or empty and up for rent, that was why I was able to have a peek. The more derelict the building, the more facinating it was. Here is an example of my noseyness...


The beams swinging from the ceiling and the shutters open.


A colonial building with no roof and a garden interior.




















And finally amongst the colonial buildings were some lovely 'modern' buildings. This one was my favourite...check out the textures...glass, concrete and iron. The garden and bedroom balcony. Wij didn't really share my enthusiasm, poor pegar. I would have loved to see inside. When can I move in?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Clairy, I love your picture postcards, i reckon you're gonna have quite a portfolio on your return. Why are they all so derelict, have loads of people left recently? Really dig your visual musings. big love, jep x

Anonymous said...

fully loving it all... and as for peg leg... bless him, hobbling around, its nice that your just leaving him and doing some of your own thing... caring! LOL!

i would have thuought that you 2 learnt from going off the track and getting lost, you kids never learn, BUT... fully amazing the templey things that you did find when you strayed off the tourist treck.

how long til the cast comes off and mobilty returns to a norm?

much love to you both. xx x x x x x x

adam